1992 Legislative Session: 1st Session, 35th Parliament
The following electronic version is for informational purposes only.
The printed version remains the official version.
Certified correct as passed Third Reading on the 4th day of May, 1992
Ian D. Izard, Law Clerk.
MINISTER OF ADVANCED EDUCATION,
TRAINING AND TECHNOLOGY
HER MAJESTY, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of British Columbia, enacts as follows:
1 Section 12 of the Accountants (Management) Act, R.S.B.C. 1979, c. 3, is repealed and the following substituted:
12 (1) Registered members of the society in good standing have the right to use the designation Certified Management Accountant or Comptable en Management Accredite and to use after their names the letters CMA.
(2) A registered member of the society in good standing may engage in the practice of, and be held out to the public as practising as, a management and cost accountant and cost consultant.
(3) A person who is not a registered member in good standing who uses the designation Certified Management Accountant or Comptable en Management Accredite, or the letters CMA, or any name, title or description which implies registration as a member of the society commits an offence.
(4) A person who displays or uses in the Province the designation Registered Industrial Accountant alone or in combination with any other word, name, title, letter or description or who uses the letters R.I.A. or in any other manner implies, suggests or holds out that the person is a Registered Industrial Accountant commits an offence.
(5) A person who is convicted of an offence under this section is liable to a penalty not exceeding $200 for each offence.
2 Section 11 (d) of the Apprenticeship Act, R.S.B.C. 1979, c. 17, is repealed and the following substituted:
(d) the fee to be paid by an applicant
(i) to be examined by the board of examiners,
(ii) to receive a certificate of apprenticeship or of qualification, or
(iii) to receive a permit indicating that exemption under section 23 (2) is granted.
3 (1) All real and personal property, in possession or in action, including benefits under any contract, lease or agreement, of the British Columbia Association of Colleges established under the British Columbia Association of Colleges Incorporation Act is transferred to and vested in the Advanced Education Council of British Columbia, a society established under the Society Act.
(2) All debts, liabilities, obligations and covenants of the British Columbia Association of Colleges are transferred to and vested in the Advanced Education Council of British Columbia.
4 The British Columbia Association of Colleges is dissolved and disestablished.
5 The British Columbia Association of Colleges Incorporation Act, S.B.C. 1976, c. 57, is repealed.
6 Section 66 of the College and Institute Act, R.S.B.C. 1979, c. 53, is repealed and the following substituted:
66 An institution must plan for and evaluate its programs and operations on an ongoing basis and, on the request of the minister, must report on these matters in a form the minister directs.
7 Section 26 of the Seminary of Christ the King Act, S.B.C. 1966, c. 67, is amended by striking out "the Public Schools Act," and substituting "the School Act," and by striking out "the Taxation Act." and substituting "the Taxation (Rural Area) Act."
8 Section 1 of the University Foundations Act, S.B.C. 1987, c. 50, is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2.1) For the purposes of this Act "board of governors" includes, in the case of the University of Northern British Columbia, the council appointed under section 3 of the University of Northern British Columbia Act.
[ Return to: Legislative Assembly Home Page ]
Copyright © 2002: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada