1995 Legislative Session: 4th Session, 35th Parliament
The following electronic version is for informational purposes only.
The printed version remains the official version.
HONOURABLE DAN MILLER
MINISTER OF SKILLS,
TRAINING AND LABOUR
HER MAJESTY, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of British Columbia, enacts as follows:
1 The Workers Compensation Act, R.S.B.C. 1979, c. 437, is amended by adding the following section:
83.1 (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may appoint a panel of public administrators consisting of one or more persons to discharge the powers, duties and functions of the governors under this Act, the Workplace Act and the Criminal Injury Compensation Act, if the Lieutenant Governor in Council considers this to be necessary in the public interest.
(2) On the appointment of the panel of administrators, the governors cease to hold office.
(3) The panel of administrators appointed under subsection (1)
(a) has the exclusive right, subject to any terms or conditions specified by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, to exercise and perform all of the powers, duties and functions of the governors, and
(b) has the protections given to the governors under section 96 (1) of this Act and section 20 (2) of the Criminal Injury Compensation Act.
(4) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may designate one of the members of the panel of administrators as the chair of the panel.
(5) A member of a panel of administrators appointed under this section ceases to hold office 12 months from the date of appointment unless the Lieutenant Governor in Council orders otherwise.
(6) The panel of administrators must be paid out of the accident fund
(a) remuneration in an amount determined by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, and
(b) reasonable and actual travelling and out of pocket expenses necessarily incurred by them in discharging their duties.
(7) This section applies despite any other provision of this or any other Act.
SECTION 1: [Workers Compensation Act, adds section 83.1] provides for the appointment of public administrators to carry on the powers, duties and responsibilities of the governors.
[ Return to: Legislative Assembly Home Page ]
Copyright © 2002: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada