- Wedding photographs are restricted to a 1.5 hour time allotments to accommodate the many requests received. Please note that each wedding party is limited to one vehicle on the driveway.
- Wedding ceremonies are not permitted on the grounds.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted on the grounds.
- Photographers are not granted exclusive use of the grounds.
- Requests for coloured lighting are accepted for non-political community, provincial, national and international awareness causes, cultural celebrations, and events.
- Multicolour LED lights are placed along the Ceremonial Entrance, front Centre Fountain, and the back Library Fountain at the Parliament Buildings, and along the Confederation Garden Park Fountain and Waterfall adjacent to the Buildings. The lights are turned on each evening from sunset to 1:00 am.
- Please note the outline lights of the Parliament Buildings or the lights outlining any monuments located on the grounds cannot be changed. The use of spotlights or projections onto the Buildings is not permitted.
Please complete the application form and email it to PEO@leg.bc.ca.
Areas of the grounds are granted permission for such events as band performances on the front steps of the Legislature, choirs in the Upper Rotunda of the Parliament Buildings and photographic sessions on the rear steps of the Legislative Library or in the Premier’s Rose Garden behind the West Annex. Many large public events are held on the front lawns and driveway of the Legislature.
Maps and photographs of areas of the grounds can be found in the Image Gallery for reference. A printable
map is also available.
Planning your Event
Please note that approval to use the grounds does not constitute exclusive use. Event organizers must cooperate with all other persons using the grounds.
NOTE: It is very important to remember that the Parliament Buildings are a place of work and events must not interfere with the normal functioning of the Legislative Assembly and other offices in the Parliament Buildings.
We recommend a two hour period for public events. If events are longer, you may be required to provide portable toilets.
Choirs and bands may request access to chairs which are available in a limited number. You are responsible for their set-up and return to the Parliament Buildings.
Access to electricity is limited with only 15 amperage service.
Vehicle access, if approved, is limited to only unloading/loading equipment for events. There is no parking available at the Parliament Buildings.
It is important to note that garbage facilities are not provided by the Legislative Assembly for your event. You are required to clean up after your event and remove the litter when you leave.
We look forward to helping you with your proposed event. Please contact us with any questions you may have at