The Select Standing Committee on Health is one of nine permanent all-party committees of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. The Committee is working to identify potential strategies to maintain a sustainable health care system for British Columbians.
Terms of Reference
On February 25, 2014, the Legislative Assembly agreed that the Select Standing Committee on Health be empowered to:
- Consider the conclusions contained in the Interim Report, October 2012, of the Select Standing Committee on Health of the 39th Parliament; as such, the Interim Report of the Select Standing Committee on Health, and any submissions and evidence received during the 39th Parliament, are referred to the Committee;
- Outline potential alternative strategies to mitigate the impact of the significant cost drivers identified in the Report on the sustainability and improvement of the provincial health care system; and
- Identify current public levels of acceptance toward the potential alternative strategies.
In addition to the powers previously conferred upon the Select Standing Committee on Health, the Committee shall be empowered:
- to appoint of their number, one or more subcommittees and to refer to such subcommittees any of the matters referred to the Committee;
- to sit during a period in which the House is adjourned, during the recess after prorogation until the next following Session and during any sitting of the House;
- to conduct consultations by any means the committee considers appropriate;
- to adjourn from place to place as may be convenient; and
- to retain such personnel as required to assist the Committee;
And shall report to the House as soon as possible, or following any adjournment or at the next following Session, as the case may be; to deposit the original of its reports with the Clerk of the Legislative Assembly during a period of adjournment and upon resumption of the sittings of the House, the Chair shall present all reports to the Legislative Assembly.
|Meeting: Select Standing Committee on Health ||https://www.leg.bc.ca/parliamentary-business/committees-calendar/20140326-Health-0900||Select Standing Committee on Health||<p>
<a title="Download the presentation »" href="/content/CommitteeDocuments/40th-parliament/2nd-session/health/presentations/20140326/Presentation-HEALTH-40-2-Arlene-Paton-MOH-Chronic-Disease-Prevention-2014-MAR-26.pdf">Ministry of Health,
<em>Chronic Disease Prevention: Encouraging Healthy Living, </em>presentation to the Select Standing Committee on Health</a></p><p>
<a title="Download the presentation »" href="/content/CommitteeDocuments/40th-parliament/2nd-session/health/presentations/20140326/Presentation-HEALTH-40-2-Doug-Hughes-Dr-Doug-Cochrane-BCPSQC-BC-Patient-Safety-and-Quality-Council-2014-MAR-26.pdf"> Ministry of Health and BC Patient Safety Council,
<em>BC Patient Safety and Quality Council: Overview of Role and Mandate, </em>Presentation to the Select Standing on Health </a></p><p><a title="Download the presentation »" href="/content/CommitteeDocuments/40th-parliament/2nd-session/health/presentations/20140326/Presentation-HEALTH-40-2-Wynne-Powell-PHSA-2014-MAR-26.pdf">Provincial Health Services Authority, Presentation to the Select Standing Committee on Health<em> </em></a></p>||3/26/2014 4:00:00 PM||Meeting: Select Standing Committee on Health |
Follow Up Process